The Cardboard Kingdom!
The Cardboard Kingdom is a graphic novel coming out June 5th from Knopf Books for Young Readers! I drew it and worked with these ten amazing writers on it:
Reviews for The Cardboard Kingdom:
- Starred Review from Kirkus: "A breath of fresh air, this tender and dynamic collection is a must-have for any graphic-novel collection."
- Fuse 8 Review by Betsy Bird: "You want inclusion? You want diversity? You want positive messages so wrapped up in a bubble of colorful high-octane fun that you swallow the whole pill with glee and beg for more? Chad Sell and his cadre of clever writers are here and they might just be the wave of the future we’ve been waiting for."
- Rogues Portal Review: "Not only is The Cardboard Kingdom a delightful read, but it’s an important book for any young person figuring out who they are and how they want to fit into the world."
- Starred Review from School Library Journal: "A must-have for middle grade collections."
- 10/10 from Comicosity: "If you know of a young reader, grab this for them in June. Grab a second copy for yourself, and keep it handy for when you need to feel better about the world. The Cardboard Kingdom is a special set of stories that highlights the good in the world without ignoring the challenges we all face at some time or another, and I am proud to have read it."
- Starred Review from Publishers Weekly: "Imagination, these kids prove, can erase what seem like unbridgeable differences."